Friday, July 18, 2008

Transfer Set for Saturday or Sunday I Think

According to my clinic, they will give my donor her trigger shot on Monday or Tuesday. That means she will ovulate 36 hours later -- Wednesday or Thursday and the retrieval will be one of those two days. So if they do a 3 day transfer we're looking at Saturday or Sunday and if they do a 5 day we're looking at Tuesday or Wednesday of the next week...I think. They said her follicles were at 14mm yesterday and they must be at 18mm so if they grow 1mm per day we are at Monday for the trigger. I know at this point that she has a total of 24 follicles but I do not know how many are charting at over 10mm, smaller than that and they won't make it to maturity by the time they retrieve. I left a message to find out how many she has of size and should hear late afternoon.

In the midst of all of this my nephews both have a birthday next weekend and the baptism is planned for the same time. If the schedule works out according to plan I could go down for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and drive back Saturday. I want to do acupuncture before and after the transfer though because I have heard a lot of success stories about that. Plus a friend from Resolve said she read a study on it and the chances of implantation increase by something like 50%+ because it increases blood flow to the uterus. Not that I need the help with my "gorgeous uterus" but I figure it can't hurt. Anyway I will find out if I can fit in the ultra sounds, the acupuncture and still get to my sister's for the festivities. At least I would be able to help out with planning and get to see my dad who I only usually see about once per year. Though I definitely could not stay for the baptism/birthday party that Saturday.

I finally started on painting the nursery. I decorated it in "cocoa babies" theme because of the safari animals. I love it - we are such animal suckers anyway. We've rescued like 10 animals...pretty much anything that looks like it is hungry. Any way I bought all the stuff for the nursery in December to get ready for my home study. I ordered vine/leaf stencils to go all the way around the room but they've just been sitting there for the past 6 months. So Monday I started drawing in the stencils with a pencil all the way around the top of the wall 7.5" from the ceiling. I have been painting in the vine, leaves and I also made a stencil out of the monkey, so he's hanging from the vine in 3 places. Hopefully this will look good when I am finished. I have completed 2 out of 4 walls...we'll see.

More to come when I hear from the nurse.

5 comments:

Ariella said...

Wow so much has happened in the last few days! i can't beive it is time for ER! I am so happy for you. I have been thinking about you a lot and am always sending only positive thoughts for your cycle.

I want to put the past behind us. We both messed up and we both know it so lets admit that we aren't perfect and move on. I think we have each done that so: How about it? Friends?

shiner said...

Yeah, I am a dumb ass...the transfer is next Friday or Saturday I lost track of my days and this post sounds like I meant this weekend...oops.
I've been thinking about you too and only wishing you the best.

Definitely, and thanks for the second chance. Absolutely - friends.

Wannababy said...

That's great shiner. 24 sounds good to me. I bet you will have some for future kids also :) Your nursery looks awesome. Relax this week and have fund with at your sisters

Wannababy said...

oh forgot tosay Accupunture definetely helps before and after transfer. It helped in my last cycle. I'm having one before and after and then 2 in a week. Make sure you go to someone who deals with infertility. My accu doc worked as an intern with Randine lewis(a popular RE for infertility in chinese medicine) so she knows lot abt it and also they do pre and post points. Make sure you ask for it.Just my 2 cents :)

shiner said...

Thanks wannababy! I finished another wall last night so just one more to go. Thanks for the advice on acupuncture, too. From what I understand the people in the office I have chosen work closely with my clinic and do specialize in IF. I have a consult on Monday so I will ask about pre and post points because I don't know what that means yet. You doing better?