It's well after noon and we have yet to hear from our clinic about the grades of our embryos and the time of our transfer tomorrow. Don't they know we're freaking the fuck out?
I am currently not working. For the past 6 years my husband and I have been trying to have a family. After 4 IUIs, 2 IVF cycles and 3 miscarriages I decided to adopt. I went to the zoo this spring and there were pregnant women and families everywhere (of course, it's the zoo)and my husband said, "I am sorry this is such a baby/pregnancy expo." I looked at him and said "I am sorry I can not give you your own biological child." Then I had an epiphany...I could probably give my husband his own biological child with the help of donor eggs. In fact my doctor tried over 2 years ago to convince us that donor eggs gave us our best chances. If I can adopt a child I can certainly buy one cell from another woman to make a child that will at the very least be half Richard. I have PCOS, endometriosis and anti thrombin antigen which means I have to take Lovonox (a blood thinner) when I do IVF or my uterus will cut off the blood supply to the pregnancy...lovely!
UPDATE: IVF cycle with donor eggs #1 worked and I now have a beautiful, healthy baby girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment