Sunday, July 13, 2008

There are no Accidents

Recently my husband and I went to see Kung Fu Panda. One quote that kept coming up in the movie was "There are no accidents." I'm beginning to think that may be true. Today I went to see a play, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory because my friend's daughter who turned 10 today was an Oompa Loompa. She did a great job, too she was completely animated, by far the best Oompa Loompa I have ever seen. Anyway, I live in a small town so the theatre is not very big, it maybe holds 350 people. I was one of the last people in to buy a ticket. I went upstairs to sit in the balcony and there was one seat left. The woman next to me was alone too so I struck up a conversation. She asked if I was working and I told her I quit to start a family, that it had been kind of a long road. She said she had 3 children, one of which was in the play and they were "all infertility babies." The play was kind of loud and there was a lot going on so we got each other's numbers and agreed to have lunch some time next week. I know infertility is estimated to affect 1 in 6 couples but I think it's pretty weird that we were seated next to each other at random like that.

It's been 28 days since I started taking drugs for this cycle. If all goes well, I have about 14 more to go. If it is supposed to, everything will work out because maybe there really aren't any accidents.

3 comments:

Sasha & Mark said...

I replied to your questions on my blog. :(

Sounds like you had a nice weekend! I like your new mantra-- there are no accidents. I hope this is the baby you were meant to have all along because I know you will love her/him more than anything.

Sasha & Mark said...

Ah I see-- it was in Ariela's blog. Yes, I don't think that was necessarily the best choice of words, and she edited and apologized. I think some of the women like that description because it is very graphic and doesn't soften the issue that is still very painful.

shiner said...

I guess I can understand that, as I said on your blog though, it just hit me really hard.