- 2 cells - 3
- 3 cells - 1
- 4 cells - 5
- 5 cells - 2
I was told that the 4 celled embryos are the best. I was thinking it would be the 5 cells but I think it's based on morphology and that they want the embryos to divide evenly...not totally sure. Any who, that's awesome because we have 5 that are 4 cell and that means enough for freeze. I also understand that a 5 day transfer is better than 3 because it indicates that the embryos are doing well in the lab and theoretically if they can do well there they will do great in the uterus. Plus by the time they transfer them they are bonafide blastocysts - which is strong.
As of right now we are looking at a 5 day transfer, which would be Monday. This is great news - I am so scared to be excited!
In other news the family members who are really close to us that planned their latest pregnancy around my last failed IVF cycle had their baby last night. She was born 13 days after my dead baby would have been born...awesome! I love her though, she's beautiful and doing very well at 9 lbs and 6 oz.
Thanks for all the support, ladies. It means so much to me.
4 comments:
I truly appreciate what bloggers like you and Matt Miller from Maybe Baby are doing - educating us on the nitty gritties of IVF.
Will they transfer 2-3? Get lots of rest (my doctor told me to avoid climbing stairs or use stairmaster for couple of days after my IUI, not sure if it applies to IVF)
Sure, anything I can do to help others always makes me feel better. Thank you. They will probably only want to put 2 in if the embryos make it to blastocyst stage because the likelyhood of them implanting goes up exponentially. I plan on laying on my back for 4 days prior to transfer...no matter what.
Awesome. Grow embies Grow. Have a smotth transfer
Those are great numbers! I am a little confused about the 5 cell not being as good as 4 cell ones because my RE says sometimes it is a timming thing or something like that with division. But I know you are in GREAT hands so I am sure what he said is right. Having some to put in at 5 day and having some to freeze is great. Keeping your embabies in my thoughts.
Post a Comment