Monday, July 7, 2008

Thinking Positive

I hope everyone had a great 4th. I managed to make an ass out of myself but it felt reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllly good! Richard loves me! (that was sarcasm)

So I'm finally off the bcp and I'm down to 10 of the Lupron instead of 20. Yes, I have been having major hot flashes, nausea and mood swings but things are looking up.
List of positives:
  • 20 more days until transfer max
  • 85% chance of success
  • off the bcp (this one usually causes the worst side effects for me)
  • lost 3 pounds in the past few weeks some how, probably the depression, oops positives!
  • I start estrogen shots tomorrow...in my butt...sooner I start, sooner it'll be over
  • my donor starts her stimulants today
  • donor is proven - her eggs have produced live babies
  • she may only have to be on stims for 10 days which would move our schedule up
  • I've been in this cycle for 21 days so I am just over half way finished (then comes the 2ww which also totally sucks, oh yeah this is supposed to be a list of positives...oops!)
  • we could end up with twins
  • maybe even a boy and a girl...how perfect

Okay that's all I've got, hopefully tomorrow I won't feel the 2 inch long needle go in my butt!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Honey,

This was a great post. Like we talked about this morning. I wouldn't do things any differently at this point because this is how we roll :)

Rich

Ariella said...

Good job on staying positive. A proven donnor is a great thing. I can't wait to hear how she responds and how many eggs you get. GL with the shot today and hang in there you are 1/2 way done and the proccess will be so worth it when you hold your baby(s) in your arms.

Ariella said...

PS: I asume Rich is your hubby. If so you have such a keeper on your hands. He sounds like a doll!

shiner said...

Thanks! I'm trying! You're right, it will all be worth it. Yes, he's my hubby and he is a doll, he's always been very supportive.

Unknown said...

We are in this thing together so since you have to do all the rough stuff being supportive is the very least I can do. I love you and I want this to work out.

Rich

shiner said...

Is he a peach or what?

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you being so positive. Hang in there girl!

Sasha & Mark said...

Love it! Your post even boosted my mood! I hope everything goes well in the coming weeks!! :)

P.S. Rich is awesome!

shiner said...

Thanks wannabe mom! I sure hope you are doing ok.