Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Got Tagged

Objective:
Write 6 random things about yourself
  1. I was a fat kid. Everyone made fun of me and called me "fatty" for years in grade school. I hated it and when I do become a parent, whether it be through donor eggs, naturally or adoption, I will make sure my child is not one of those who teases others...about anything!
  2. I come from a broken home. My dad and I are close now but for a long time I did not know him very well and that still breaks my heart. Unfortunately, typically little girls who grow up with out a father can have low self esteem.
  3. I love to teach. I am not a school teacher but I did design and facilitate corporate training for almost 8 years at my last job. I loved training adults and trying to help make their lives a little easier at work.
  4. I love animals...um, no shit, right?
  5. My nick name (mom only) is Shiner because when I was little I went to summer day camp at my elementary school. Everyday that I could I would slide down the hill behind the school on my knees. The hill was not covered with regular green grass, instead it was tall straw-colored grass. By the end of the summer several pairs of my dark blue jeans had white shiny knees. Originally, I was called "Knee Shiner" but as time went on it got shortened to Shiner.
  6. My sister and I were latch-key kids. We would ride the bus home, walk up the hill to our apartment and let ourselves in with a key that hung around my older sister's neck. We were not allowed to go out side because my mom wanted us to be safe. We locked the door, watched TV and completed our list of chores. It gave us both a very very good work ethic.


1 comment:

Ariella said...

Don't worry about tagging other people. Just doing it is great.

I was a latch key kid too. I agree that it taught both my sis and I a great work ethic. I also agree with you on teaching kids not to tease. I think it is really important to teach kids empathy and support of each other, after all no one likes being made fun of.