Tuesday, August 12, 2008
3rd Beta
Today was crazy! Between travelling to another city for my blood test and to see Richard's father in the hospital (he had surgery today), meeting a friend for lunch, going to yet another city to see my mom and then back to the hospital to see Richard's father, I got my final beta numbers. My last was 614 and they wanted today's number to be above 1200 - it was 1378! I actually finally feel some relief now. I am still aware of what can happen but I am so glad to have made it this far and so grateful that my number more than doubled. I go back on the 25th for the first ultrasound (6 weeks) and then on the 5th of September for the 8 week ultrasound. Richard's father also got wonderful news today so we are on top of the world right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
HOOORAY!!! Yay-- great number!! That is awesome! Those little ones must have been listening to all of us and decided to hang on. Congratulations!!
I'm so jealous of your 6w u/s!! They made me wait until 8w-- it was torture. 6w will be here before you know it.
Well, I am kind of a pushy girl sometimes. I asked if I could come back in 6 weeks and they said, "yes but you can't see much so you'll have to come back at 8 weeks also." Fine by me...hook me up!
Hey Congrats. Great Numbers. Rooting for twins :)
That's great news. Do you know Shiner by some coincidence, every IF blog (which had no luck before) I subscribe to is making positive announcements (and yes I count adoption in it too)
It really started this week on a high note.
At 6 weeks, I could barely see a tiny vibrating dot. They told me it was the heartbeat. :-)
That is a great third beta! I can't wait for the 25th. That will be a good day, I just know it.
Well Hells Bells!!!!!!
I LOVE HCG, don't you!? Congratulations my pregnant little friend. How about I follow your blog more closely to help pull me out of International Adoption hell? I am bordering on homicidal! That is a joke for any Federal Agents that may be sniping my blog . . . . I'm not joking.
Anyway, I have been partying with a Representative and next week, will be meeting with a Senator. Before it's all over, you may have to bring the kiddos to spend the weekend with me in Viet Nam b/c at this rate, I'll have to move there to be a mom.
I'll be on the look out for awesome U/S piccies! Congratulations again, darlin!
Sharon! Thanks! It's great to hear from you. I hate that you are so covered up and upset and if there is anything I can do you just name it. I sure hope everything works out for you soon. You deserve it and I am going to refrain from saying what I am thinking about their f'ed up ridiculous b.s. Aden is very blessed to have you fighting for her. I am still going to attend the Resolve meetings for as long as they'll have me. I hope to see you there if you get the chance...no pressure, only if it will help to talk about it.
Post a Comment