Second beta today was 614. They wanted it to be over 600 since it was 320 on Friday. That's good. It didn't exactly double but I am delighted with that number. One more on Tuesday...
Of course you are still nervous! I was freaked out of my mind the whole first tri. After everyting IF and M/C puts you through, it would take a miracle and a crystal ball that sees the future for anyone not to be nervous. That says your betas are great, and there is no reason to think this pregancy won't result in a real live baby and motherhood for you. (((((HUGS))))))
PS I added your name to my blog roll call list. Hope that is okay, if not let me know and I will take it down.
Ariella - no prob with you adding me to your blog, actually I am honored.
ggop - Next is my 3rd beta tomorrow. Hopefully it will double to 1200 or I am sure I'll be even more freaked out. After that we have the six week scan to look forward to, which would be the 25th.
Since my transfer was on the 28th today is 2 weeks after that and my clinic considers me 4 weeks pregnant. Still super early. Can we just fast forward like 8 months so I'll know everythings going to be all right?
Hi! I know that you probably don't remember me but this is ClarLynda from the radio show. I just wanted to say congratulations. I am very happy for your success and will keep you in my thoughts. :-)
clar I do remember, how could I forget the well spoken, beautiful scientist. I will read your blog to see how you are. I didn't know you were out there but I am glad you are and thanks!
I am currently not working. For the past 6 years my husband and I have been trying to have a family. After 4 IUIs, 2 IVF cycles and 3 miscarriages I decided to adopt. I went to the zoo this spring and there were pregnant women and families everywhere (of course, it's the zoo)and my husband said, "I am sorry this is such a baby/pregnancy expo." I looked at him and said "I am sorry I can not give you your own biological child." Then I had an epiphany...I could probably give my husband his own biological child with the help of donor eggs. In fact my doctor tried over 2 years ago to convince us that donor eggs gave us our best chances. If I can adopt a child I can certainly buy one cell from another woman to make a child that will at the very least be half Richard. I have PCOS, endometriosis and anti thrombin antigen which means I have to take Lovonox (a blood thinner) when I do IVF or my uterus will cut off the blood supply to the pregnancy...lovely!
UPDATE: IVF cycle with donor eggs #1 worked and I now have a beautiful, healthy baby girl!
9 comments:
It looks great! They want it to double every 24 to 36 hours so you are well with in that time frame. CONGRATS!
Embie(s):
Your doing a great job snuggling in, holding on and growing. Keep up the good work! Grow and grow and grow!
Woo hoo!! You gotta take your successes when the come, and those are great numbers. I hope things continue to go well!
Thanks girls. I'm happy but still scared, I guess that just comes with the territory after all we've been through.
Of course you are still nervous! I was freaked out of my mind the whole first tri. After everyting IF and M/C puts you through, it would take a miracle and a crystal ball that sees the future for anyone not to be nervous. That says your betas are great, and there is no reason to think this pregancy won't result in a real live baby and motherhood for you. (((((HUGS))))))
PS I added your name to my blog roll call list. Hope that is okay, if not let me know and I will take it down.
Woo hoo! I second the commenter in the previous post - could it be twins? :-)
Totally get your anxiety. My doctor reassured me at 8 weeks that anxiety is normal even if everything is going well.
What happens next? A scan at 6 weeks?
Ooh, its so much fun to relive the days when I was too terrified.
Hey that's good number. Grow embies Grow!
Ariella - no prob with you adding me to your blog, actually I am honored.
ggop - Next is my 3rd beta tomorrow. Hopefully it will double to 1200 or I am sure I'll be even more freaked out. After that we have the six week scan to look forward to, which would be the 25th.
Since my transfer was on the 28th today is 2 weeks after that and my clinic considers me 4 weeks pregnant. Still super early. Can we just fast forward like 8 months so I'll know everythings going to be all right?
Hi!
I know that you probably don't remember me but this is ClarLynda from the radio show. I just wanted to say congratulations. I am very happy for your success and will keep you in my thoughts. :-)
clar I do remember, how could I forget the well spoken, beautiful scientist. I will read your blog to see how you are. I didn't know you were out there but I am glad you are and thanks!
Post a Comment