Friday, August 1, 2008

Crampy, Testy, Bumpy

I can understand why I was crampy on Wednesday - that was the most likely day implantation would occur. I can even understand some residual cramping on Thursday but I am also crampy today. I just want to know what this means one way or the other. Obviously we all know which way I want that to be but as you all know, not knowing really sucks. So, lets work this out again, even though I already worked it out in the comments section of another post with Sasha. If the embryos were 5 day transfers that means that instead of waiting 14 days to test I really only have to wait 9 days from transfer, right? That would be August 6th - next Wednesday. Any objections?

My BFF commonly uses a special southern colloquialism that I always find amusing, "well they can just choose up sides and kiss my ass." This is the same person who once said something so redneck, I mean southern, I did not get it for days. (We were at the hospital visiting one of our co-workers and a personal friend of mine who had just given birth to a baby boy. We went in and visited for a while and then I held him. I did rock him some and move around when I was holding him because I thought babies liked that since that's kind of what they experience in the womb. Anyway, as soon as I put him down he spit up. So I go, "Gosh, I hope I didn't make him sick by rocking him too much." My BFF goes "Oh, Candace, he hadn't long been ate"...um...what?) Sometimes I even use it to emphasize a point so it bothers me that right now if anyone decided to "choose up sides and kiss my ass" I would probably automatically come at them swinging from the pain or they would run away screaming at the sight of my bruised, lumpy, feverish, pin-cushion ass. It's a small price to pay...I just hope this works so I can be a glutton for punishment for 8 more weeks.

BTW - Richard says my boobs are huge...awesome!

6 comments:

ggop said...

Ha ha! This reminds me of Holly Hunter in Raising Arizona. (I know that's south west still...)

On the testing I have read people getting faint lines at 8DP3DT. But you will have to test again at 13-14DPO for more concrete results.

I can't believe big boobs have shown up so early - you look so teeny in your picture. :-)

ggop said...

Shiner,
Read up some basics on the blast transfer. I would say if you can't wait till 11-12 days go for it, but the blood test is final authority.

I never got a positive in any HPT, the blood work came positive. I think I was testing too early or wasn't following instructions correct or something.

shiner said...

You're 19 weeks, wow that's awesome! Good for you! Why aren't you blogging? Or am I being a dumbass and just can't find it?

You're actually quite right, some times she sounds like Holly Hunter - she nailed that role and especially that accent.

I know - I should probably just wait. My boobs are only huge and achy because of the progesterone and estrogen shots. I can not rely on them as a pregnancy radar at all because of all the injections to date.

You never got a positive...ewww that would scare the shit out of me...maybe I'll just wait.

shiner said...

ggop,
Thanks for all the help by the way.

ggop said...

I don't blog because I'm lazy. I opened a gmail account because most blogs do not allow anonymous comments.

I started reading some IF blogs last year because the boards on babycenter sucked (for me anyway)

Don't go by my experience alone, I knew people who got a faint positive on day 24.

The blood test they did for me was sensitive (down to 1mIU/ml) so in a way I was a bundle of nerves till the second beta.

ggop said...

You are welcome! I really did nothing.