It is 4:00 AM and I am wide awake. I did not sleep last night either. I had my first baby shower yesterday and it was absolutely wonderful, though those words do not do it justice. I felt like a princess in a fairy tale. It is so hard for me to comprehend that this time it was for me. I got to receive the friends, open the gifts, celebrate a new life, organize tiny beautiful baby things and feel complete...well almost. She's not quite here yet but somehow this shower made it seem so much more real. I guess because for so many years I attended other women's showers wondering if I would ever REALLY be in their situation. I drove by houses with big pink or blue bows on the mailbox signifying a new baby was born to the people that lived there. I don't think I ever believed, truly believed it would happen for me. I was so over come today with love, appreciation and satisfaction it was all I could do to hold back the tears. My friends were just amazing. The love, thought and care that went into the preparation just blew me away. One of my dear friends that I did IVF with the first time came all the way from Texas to be here for me and Claire...amazing. I got so many great gifts that I honestly do not even know where to start. Check out some pics... I only got a few with my camera but my friends and mom got a lot more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Awww! What beautiful photos! It's amazing how generous some people are, it's almost overwhelming! Enjoy and cherish yesterday (which I know you definitely are!)! The baby showers made it more real for me too :) You look so beautiful! I LOVE the dress you wore!
Oh yeah, the numb hands/arms... My hands also hurt so bad that I can't make a fist and open jars and stuff. I think I have carpal tunnel in them! Ugh... Yes, I wish we could fast forward for each other, but we need to "try" to enjoy these last few weeks... I said "try," hehehehe :)
Wonderful photos - you have such a softness around you now. Truly maternal :-)
How exciting! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful shower. You're getting so glad to the big day - I'm happy for you!
Post a Comment