Saturday, February 7, 2009
30 Week Check Up
Dr. wasn't available but the midwife said everything looks good. I am measuring at 30cm @ 30 weeks, so right on target. I know my ticker is one week off...that's because I am having a Cesarean at 39 weeks. I had not gained an ounce since 2 weeks ago, so that's good. I am hoping she will double in size without me having to gain any more weight but I'll do what I have to do. She also said the baby is already head down...that's a little disconcerting because as ready as I am I don't want her to be too early. I need to stay in there and develop until April 6. A few things freaking me out...more discharge, she seems to have dropped, she's already head down and I feel crampy in the evenings. I know it is somewhat normal but my ankles/feet have been swollen the past couple days. That's happened to me before but it went away. For some reason, I feel like this is permanent until she's born. I increased my water - which doesn't seem humanly possible since I drink 2 32 oz containers per day - and am still walking on the treadmill. Believe it or not research shows that exercise helps with water retention. Next Saturday we get to see her on 3D ultrasound again, the following Saturday is one shower and the following Saturday is my other shower. So, many distractions coming up. I went to a New Born Care class Thursday night and was very disappointed. I am a trainer so I am a little critical but seriously it was bad. Next week is Infant CPR, then breastfeeding and then the 4 labor and delivery classes so I'll know what the hell to do if I go into labor early.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi I'm new to the blogging community but have been reading your blog for a while now. Hang in there! It sounds like you have plenty of distractions scheduled, so that is good. I know the waiting must be killing you, but she'll be here before you know it! Hopefully, she'll just stay put for a while longer.
Hi! I wouldn't worry too much about her being head down or the discharge. I think like 60% of babies are head down by this point-- the head is the heaviest part, so it just goes down. I have had tons of discharge in 3rd tri (TMI I know!), but it is normal.
I was worried about going early too, and now here I am... tick, tick, tick!! I'm sure you'll get there. You both are doing great!
Sorry you were so disappointed in the newborn class. Maybe pick up some books and read on your own? I think so much of the newborn time is just survival mode anyway!
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I turned 38 in December, and we turned in our donor application in January. Now, I'm just stuck waiting to be matched with a donor - the waiting is driving me crazy! I'm ready to be where you are!!
Planning, waiting and relaxing. That's all you can do for now.
Sounds like you have all the planning handled. Just relax and take it all in.
Howdy! I'd say you will learn a lot more from just talking to your sister :-) I'm not kidding. I just phone my good friends who had babies in last 2 years.
Post a Comment