I had a great massage today. I went to, let's just call it Snooty Spa. My mom insisted since I have been having so much hip pain. Anyway, I felt completely comfortable with the masseuse and she made me feel like she actually cared about me as a person. I didn't take one step that she didn't have hand on my back and body poised to catch me if I fell. We were walking beside a pool, hot tub and sauna after all and my flip flops were too big despite the swelling. Besides making me feel cared for, she had serious skills. I've had a lot of massages before but this one was special. She did dig into my hips, which I needed her to do, but it was very painful. She asked if she should stop but I asked her to keep going hoping it would help and it did. I highly recommend a maternity massage if you're pregnant and hurting.
Tomorrow I take my mom for her biopsy. It has to happen in the OR because she's now had cancer in her bladder 4 times, so they'll be doing the biopsy in 2 places and it's really deep. I am afraid of what they will find. She'll either have responded to this last round of chemo and the biopsies will show that or not. If not they will have to take more drastic measures. I am trying to think positively but I am scared. I hate seeing her suffer. *NOTE TO SELF: never allow myself, my child or anyone I care about to be around second hand cigarette smoke. Yep, that is what the past 4 doctors my mother has seen confirmed to be the cause of her cancer. We won't know anything tomorrow about the biopsy results but should within the week. Mom made Claire a beautiful quilt, it has lots of color but is not overly bright - I love it. As soon as she finishes it I'll post pics.
This weekend we get to see our little baby girl again at Prenatal Peeks. I can't wait. According to the chart on their website, right now is considered the best time to see her. She'll have plenty of fat by now and still has room to move in my uterus. I'll post pics.
Ok, so then the next two weekends are shower weekends and then I'll just have 4 weeks...WHOOOOHOOOOOOOO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad you had such a wonderful massage experience-- you deserve it! Best wishes for your mom's biopsy. I cannot believe this is from second hand smoke! How awful. I hope for the best for her.
Can't wait to see the 3D Pics!!! :)
Oh yeah that massage sounds awesome! Hubby does a pretty good job, but I can't lay on my belly.
You and your mother are in my prays.
Vibes that you get good news from about your mom......
Everything else - the massage and seeing the baby this weekend - sounds great!
Post a Comment