Monday, June 23, 2008
One Week In
Well I have been on the birth control pill to sync up with my donor for one week now. I feel emotional but centered. I am afraid and anxious but excited to get started. I want this to work so badly. I had given up on the idea of having a biological child after my last miscarriage this winter. We submerged ourselves in the adoption world answering profile questions, putting together family pictures and finalizing the documentation. This is new hope because we have never done IVF with donor eggs. We tried and failed the last two times with my eggs, we only had a 20% chance of success anyway. Dr. T says we have approximately 85% chance of success with donor eggs since my uterus is "gorgeous" and fluffs up to a 13 lining (with an e-string only of course). So this time I don't have the same doubts and sense of dread. Not to say that this is a sure thing but I feel so much better about it than I did the other cycles. I want to try this because I want to be sure. If this does not work out then at least I will not always wonder if it would have. Maybe our baby will look like Richard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think I felt the same way for a very long time. I went through ICSI wanting to give our best shot even though the doctors were convinced with issues of sperm motility (0%) as well as morphology we had a very slim chance. And in the end when it still did not work we went with a donor thinking it would still be part me.
Good luck to you!
I'm sure it was a tough choice to make, but I think you had a turning point at the zoo-- I hope this cycle brings you success and all the happiness in the world.
Post a Comment