Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy Holidays

We had a really great Christmas! My sister, brother-in-law and my 2 nephews came to stay with us for 4 days. We played Guitar Hero, shot eachother with Nerf guns and watched movies when we weren't opening presents and eating. The Nerf gun wars between my husband and me and my sister and my brother-in-law were just hilarious! We laughed so much - it was wonderful! Usually my famous holiday saying is "no one can screw up the holidays like family" but not this year. Maybe it's just because I feel so differently now, I don't know but we had a great time and there were no blow ups like there usually are. When they left I cried like I usually do but when my nephew Christos (4.5 years old) looked at me and said "why awe you cwyin?" it just made me cry harder. I told him it was because I didn't want him to leave, so he goes "ok, I'll stay here with you." So then the flood gates really opened. We watched Hercules together twice, so on the way home watching it in the Explorer for the 3rd time in 2 days he said to my sister "Mommy, what's his name?" My sister didn't know because she's never seen the movie all the way through. Christos goes "well Aunt Candy knows!"
My 1.5 year old nephew, Liam is going through a shy stage so the past day and a half he has really warmed up to me. The first 2 days they were here he wouldn't really let anyone hold him but mommy and daddy. By yesterday though he was letting me pick him up and falling asleep on my shoulder - God he's cute!
Oh, I hated to see them go. I took down all the indoor Christmas decorations when they left because seeing them only made me think of Christmas, which is over now and reminds me that they are 7 hours away. This house feels so big and empty and quiet without them here. I am so fortunate to have my husband, this home and my family but WOW do I feel lonely right now since they left today at 5:00PM. Except for the kicks and punches I've been feeling:o>


Here is a 6 month 4 day belly pic. Definitely showing now!

8 comments:

Sasha & Mark said...

Sounds like a great Christmas with the family! Mine is just starting-- my sisters just got here yesterday. Your belly is so cute!

Unknown said...

Glad you had such a wonderful Christmas! It's so nice to have family around! Your belly is SO SO SO cute! :) You're still teeny tiny, but the bump is definitely evident! Have a wonderful New Years!

Lisa said...

Aww, sounds like you had a great holiday!! So glad you got to enjoy the time!! You look great!

Julia said...

Sounds like great memories where made.

Great belly shot too!

Jill said...

Awe, your nephews sound so sweet! I can tell you love them to bits! What a cute little bump you have, so tiny for six months.

shiner said...

Thanks girls! I feel huge everywhere - my belly isn't the biggest part of me. My butt and legs seem to be expecting, too. Thanks for the encouraging words though - much love girls!

ggop said...

C,
Emailed you offline! Your belly is so cute. Glad to hear you are doing well and look forward to more kicks.
Happy New Year 2009. Soon you won't be lonely at all. How fun is that!

shiner said...

Got it and emailed you back. I hope it came through. Happy New Year and congratulations.