Wednesday, December 3, 2008

21 Week Doctor's Appointment

All she did was talk to me and use the doppler on my belly. She provided great info but I could have done the doppler at home...wtf? She still thinks the c-section is going to be necessary but will reserve 100% certainty until a couple of months from now when we know the baby's size. Doc says the ultrasound should be within 10% as far as measuring her size/weight. Also, she said I can take magnesium tablets for better digestion. Not much else was discussed. I go back in a month for the same damn thing, no ultrasound then, either. After that I'll start going every other week and have to do the glucose test thing. Ugh, I heard that sucks though nothing could compare to the progesterone in oil shots and heart burn. So I won't get to see my baby for at least another 6 weeks - that really bites!

I've gained 18 pounds since I started IVF and 12 since I've been pregnant. According to Doc that's on track but a friend of mine told me today I don't even look pregnant I just look fatter...great, um...thanks! Oh well, all for good reason;o>

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Aren't friends so nice...??? LOL! That's cute, but you look fabulous! Your belly is too cute too! 12 lbs is nothing! I'm afraid to step on the scale tomorrow! I'm assuming I've gained close to 30! OMG! That's a HUGE amount! Granted, since starting IVF, I've gained nothing... Sigh, at least the weight loss can be a goal of ours when we deliver these little munchkins!

ggop said...

Hey - if its any consolation, if the pregnancy goes well the ob/gyns don't spend too much time with you till after 30 weeks. My doc always asks me "Any questions" after the checkup - same as yours, a doppler and urine sample and a general how do you feel question and a discussion of what next.

So write down all your questions in advance. That helped us.

ggop said...

Good luck for the glucose tolerance test! Also C, if I am missing in the next three weeks, assume I'm in labor.

Julia said...

Some friend....you don't look fat. You may feel fat, but don't we all.

You look great.

Jill said...

I know that stinks that you can't see the baby again for a while but time is flying! And the good news is you don't have a reason to see the baby so everything is fine. :o) I should be so lucky if I only gain 12 lbs at your point, I'm sure I'm going to just look "fat" and not have the cute little bump that all the skinny little size 0's do when they get pregnant but I'll just be happy knowing I have a healthy baby hanging out in there.

Unknown said...

Ok, just got your message! I actually dye my hair every 4 weeks! The gray is impossible to keep covered, so I know how you feel... The dr told me go ahead and dye it, so I did at week 11! You can go to a salon, and they'll do a weave or whatever, but I do it myself. It's cheaper and since I dye it so often... The dr told me I can use whatever, but when I went to the drug store, I asked just be safe. They said use ammonia fee dye, so I do. I think the brand is Loreal Natural Match and it's permanent. Hope this helps!!