Wednesday, December 17, 2008

First Stranger Comment

I went Christmas shopping today to finish up so we don't have to brave the traffic this weekend. My last stop was a department store. It was awesome:
Stranger 1: "Oh, how cute, boy or girl?"
Me: "Girl. You're my first stranger comment."
Stranger 1: "Back up I want my friend to see. Ashey, isn't she cute, look"
Me: "Thank you so much...I don't feel cute!"
Stranger 2: "I know I saw her when she came in, have you decided on a name?"
It was awesome! I am six months on Tuesday so I am glad somebody finally said something. Now maybe my friends and family will say I am showing instead of that I just look like I have "gained weight all over."

I am so excited about my sister, her husband and her two boys coming next week. They'll be here on Wednesday. It was so fun buying toys for them and for my nieces. I can't believe we're actually going to enjoy our Christmas instead of pretending we are not crushed over yet another miscarriage or year without a child. Next year we'll get to send out Christmas cards with a photo of us with our child...I can't wait!

She's kicking a lot now and I feel it at different times of the day. I wish Richard could feel it but she still stops every time I put his hand on my tummy. Some people have recommended using a flash light but, of course, we can't find ours. If I do not locate it by tomorrow I am buying another one.;o>

6 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! So glad you got your 1st stranger comment! So wonderful! Glad things are going well and you have a blessed Christmas to look forward to :) It's definitely a great great feeling! Did you dye your hair yet?

Clar said...

Congratulations! I am so very happy for you. I have been in my own world so long that I have not been on since the Radio show. Congratulations again!

Julia said...

It's always nice when a stranger notices.

I have heard of the flashlight idea. I'm giving a try as soon as I can find mine.

shiner said...

Thanks everybody!
Jojobee - my husband freaked and said "no". Not that I usually do whatever he says but if I dyed it and something happened I would never forgive myself so I am waiting until 28 weeks (3rd trimester) and will probably do it at home with the amonia free.

Clar - Wow! Long time no see, how you doing?

Julia - I tried the flash light thing last night and it did not work. Don't know if I just have and EXTREMELY stubborn little bugger in there or what...let me know how yours goes.

ggop said...

Merry Christmas! Hope this is the beginning of many happy Christmases in future.

shiner said...

ggop - Thanks! did you have your baby?