Saturday, January 3, 2009

25 Week Check Up

Happy New Year!

I went to the doctor on New Year's Eve. Doc says I need to be seen every two weeks now since I am in my 3rd trimester. She also said everything looks normal, I've gained 20 pounds since I've been going there and that is "good." She does want me to start exercising since I'm in the third trimester now. She recommended walking 40 minutes per day 4 times per week. This should help with either C-section recovery or labor. I won't get another ultrasound because things look good, which is good but I'd like to see her and see if her growth is on target. Although she did measure my belly and it was 25 cm - she said that's perfect because one cm for each week...I didn't know that.

So, I am EXTREMELY GRATEFUL to be pregnant but there are some things that kinda suck, too. My feet feel like they are bruised on the bottoms from the extra weight and pedicures don't last long. Other than that - I just feel huge. There. That's it. No more complaining because of all of the hell I have been through to finally be in this position. What's worse, I feel terrible complaining when there are women that feel now how I used to and are in limbo.

January will likely be a long, boring, depressing month but February should be better. We are going back for our 2nd 3D ultrasound on Valentines Day. Then we have 2 showers the last 2 week ends February. March will probably suck but at least we have our 7 year wedding anniversary (9 years together). Then the first week of April I'm done! WHOOOHOOO! I wish I could fast forward to April 1st.

6 comments:

Ariella said...

I am glad to hear you and your little girl are doing so well. I felt extremely guilty for complaining during my pg too but sometimes you just need to let it all out.

If your feet are bothering you get some arch supports. I bought mine at 25 weeks and was so glad I did. My feet didn't hurt as much and I didn't have the back pain or feet pain others complain about as the months progress. I bought mine for 30 dollars, and they worked great.

shiner said...

Thanks, Ariella! It's so good to hear from you. I appreciate the advice and will get some soon.

Sasha & Mark said...

Wow-- I just saw your ticker-- only 100 days left!! :)

You look great, even if you *feel* huge.

Jill said...

Happy New Year! Glad to see everything is going well, and it's okay to complain, you've earn the right too!

ggop said...

C,
Try resting every afternoon for a while with your feet up on an ottoman. Its ok to complain about your symptoms - you can't just wish away the pain :-)

I used to have upper back pain. BTW if you are not weirded out by going to a masseuse try a pregnancy massage. The lady who did mine said the key thing is to massage away from the extremeties to avoid edema.

Countdown begins!

iampregnant35 said...

congrats for being pregnant . wishing a very good health for you and your baby

yea there is always some inconvinence but i think pain is worth happiness that you get when you see your children smiling