My husband was out of town last week. As it turns out he is going to be out of town again this week, too. So here I am, 36 weeks pregnant, my baby has been dropped (not according to me, but according to my doctor 2 weeks ago) for at least 2 weeks, I am swollen in my hands and feet and it gets worse every day, the pressure in my lower pelvis is unbelievable and my husband is leaving town today. So what do I do? Well I support him of course. But I am scared. I could honestly go into labor any time now. Everything I read says that once the baby drops labor is eminent within 1 - 4 weeks. I had a tour at the hospital this weekend and the doula that gave the tour (who has delivered over 500 babies) confirmed this. Nobody seems to think I will make it to April 6th. Could everyone be wrong? Yes, absolutely but the thought of my husband missing the birth of our (probably only) child is very upsetting to me. No, he can not help being out of town. He's more upset than I am but...but...but...WOW! Six years to get to this point, folks. I don't want to say 'why us?' because frankly I don't want to know 'why' any more. I just want the fairy tale birth with both parents and daddy cutting the cord. Is that so much to ask? Obviously the MOST IMPORTANT thing is that she is born healthy but still. We do have a back up plan. If my water breaks or I see the doc this Thursday and by then this swelling has progressed into PE and she wants to take the baby early, there is an alternative to my husband being in the room but it's not my first choice. The plan is, if I go into labor, water breaks, they take her early, whatever...IT happens this week they'll put my husband on an air plane. The problem with that is that he is out of the country so he can't just hop on a air plane. He has to drive a few hours across the desert to get to the nearest air port (by then the c-section is probably complete, it's a 20 minute procedure), hop a plane across the country - which by the way, there are no direct flights and then he could be there. This is like a 12 hour process, folks. So he would in fact miss the whole damn, f*cking thing! Sorry. I am a little upset and I have to vent here because I don't want him to see it. He needs my support and he's got it - I am just venting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I'm so sorry the timing of everything is working out this way for you. That does, indeed, suck. Hopefully, things will work out and Claire will decide it's time to make her entrance into the world at a time when your husband can be there. However, it's good that you do have a backup plan in place. I know after everything you've been through this is not what you want, but like you said, the most important thing is Claire being born healthy. I'm impressed that you are able to still be so supportive of your husband and not complain to him when you are feeling so uncomfortable. Feel free to vent here any time - we'll listen. I'm thinking of you and hope the timing works out.
OMG I wish I could come over to your house right now and give you a big hug! You have all of us in your corner so hang in there!!!!
I really hope he doesn't miss the whole thing. And if you do have the baby this week due to pre-e maybe the Dr can wait 24 hours (as long as it is safe) so that he can be there.
As someone who did NOT get her ideal birth, I will tell you that for the most part much of that fades when they put the baby in your arms.
PS. I can't believe you are 36 weeks. It seems like just yesterday you were doing IVF. I am so glad your path has lead you to parenthood even though it wasn't the ideal road while you were traveling it. What matters now is that your little girl will be here soon!!!
Oh no! I really hope you don't go on our own, and I'm so sorry you may be dealing with Pre-E! Very scary for you both, but I'm sure Dr is watching you carefully.
When does Richard get back? You need to talk to Claire and tell her to stay in just until that date!
And I do agree with Ariella-- the birth kind of fades into blurred memory once you are holding your little girl.
You just go ahead and vent. All we can do is hope and pray she waits for her daddy.
Breathe! Breathe! I hope you're doing better.
How's your sense of humor? I was going to say something funny but wasn't sure . . .
I've been thinking about you! Hang in there!
Thanks everyone! I'm trying to chill. So glad I do have all of y'all in my corner. Thanks Ariella, I know can you believe how far we've come? Sasha, Richard may not be back until the weekend or maybe even later. The return ticket has not yet been purchased as it depends on what they find there. My sense of humor is okay - you can always say what you want here;o>
Congrats on 36 weeks! Also after 38 weeks it is fine for the baby to be born anytime.
I'm really praying your husband can be there for you. It makes a lot of difference in the first 2-3 days BUT having said that as Ariella says, it all fades away. :-)
Take care of yourself and really go easy. Don't make the mistakes I did in the last 3-4 weeks by trying to push yourself. :-)
Hugs and lots of good vibes..
I know I'd be scared too...but like Ariella said..the labor and delivery fades once your baby is here...but yea, I'd be nervous. I'd also be super sad, feel ripped off if Dh missed it. But I think he'll be there. Is he traveling much in the next month? Or will it settle down later this month?
Candy - I'm sure hoping for you and DH that little Claire decides to hang out and wait for Daddy to get home. Feel free to vent and maybe have a little talk with Claire and tell her to hang on a bit longer. :)
Post a Comment