
This is just to document my symptoms, not complaining: I feel like something significant is going on but there are no major signs of labor or anything (no mucus plug, no water breaking). I think I am just freaking out a little bit. My hands (especially my right one) is getting worse as far as numbness and tingling. The symptoms are spreading to the palm of my hand instead of being just in my fingers. It basically feels like when your foot falls asleep but it never wakes up it just stays like this 24/7 no matter what I am doing or what position it is in. I have increased pressure in my lower belly along with some weird sharp pains from down there. I wonder if these are "lightening pains" I've heard about. Also I think I am having BH because it feels like there is a tightening across the top (always right) side of my uterus just under my ribs. I didn't have a lot of energy today, I was kind of tired and then around 3:00 PM I started cleaning and never sat down until after 7:00 PM. Yesterday I worked out and had plenty of energy all day. I have also felt a little crampy today. Anyway, maybe it's just me but I feel like something has changed. It's now 2:00 AM and I have to be up at 7:00 AM because the tile guy will be here at 8:00 AM. I am seriously going to be hating life tomorrow but oh well...I feel really restless and I just can't sleep.
Oh, the tile guy, well we built this house approximately 5 years ago. When it came time to decide on tile/grout/accent tiles for our master bath I chose a really pretty beige tile with grey veining through it. I chose a smoke grey grout because I didn't want a light one that would show stains and be really hard to keep clean. Plus I saw it installed and it looked really good. Unfortunately the guy who laid the tile was on some serious drugs (really, he got arrested for it) and did not use even one of the spacers I bought to ensure the tile lines were consistent. As a result, the grout lines are all over the place, some are tiny and some are huge - it is just awful. To add insult to injury he mixed the wall grout incorrectly and it is WAY darker than the floor grout. I hate it! I've hated it for the past 5 years. I love all the tile/accent tiles and grout color on the floor but since I picked a dark grout it just highlights all the inconsistencies in the way he laid the tile. Why didn't we have him rip it out and start over? The master bath was one of the last things to be completed before we closed, we were running behind and were going to lose our AWESOME rate if we missed our closing date. So, I've been calling ABC Interiors about this for years. Finally the guy who owns the company came out and looked, agreed it was horrible and is getting a crew in here starting tomorrow to drill out all the grout and go with a lighter one to hide/camouflage some of the inconsistencies in the tile installation. Meanwhile I can't turn my mind off about all this. It's the last major thing we need to have fixed in the house before the baby is born. I've been nesting for about a month and everything else has been taken care of but this. I am excited about not hating it as much but also annoyed that we can't just have it all ripped out and start over from scratch with a proper installation. Anyway, pics attached of what my bathroom was supposed to look like relative to coloring. I'll post before and after pics. This is off the web site, my accents have been discontinued so this is just an idea of what it was supposed to look like.
I can't possibly do one more thing to the nursery...is it April 6th yet?
5 comments:
Oh the wondering of pregnancy... I know how you feel! The hands tingling sound like carpal tunnel. It sucks, but that's my dx for you! Hehehe. I'm sorry you're not sleeping either, I had a horrible sleep too!
Anyways... Sounds like baby is getting ready! I have a TON of pressure, pains and cramping down there too and it's SO not comfortable. In fact, I think I'm losing my mucous plug! Crazy! Anyways... For me, BH are painless and my whole belly just gets tight. I also cramp a lot and I've heard that it's normal, but part of contractions... It's a wonder game! LOL!
When do you go to the dr next? I'm hoping you get some relief. Try getting one of those wrist things, it may help you :( Prayers and hugs to pregnancy discomfort.
Glad you are getting closer all the time, exciting and nerve-wracking. Hope your discomfort lessens and you can enjoy the fact that you are soooo pregnant!
Love your tile - ours is much darker but similar in type I think. But it will be in the entryways, so I want to hide the dirt as much as possible! We have LOTS of mud here. I think I will be choosing a dark grout so it kind of blends in with the tile. Sorry you have had all this bad luck with the tile guy - hopefully I will have a better experience.
Feel better!
Your so close I can just imagine things are happening down there.
I tiled our bath room floor. Wow, what a pain. Literally! I think I drank a couple of beers to get me through. All in all it turned out pretty good if I most say so myself.
Glad things are coming along.
Jojobee - why do you think you are losing your mucous plug? I have dr. appointment next week and then we go to every week.
musicmakermomma - sounds like a good plan to go with a darker tile/grout with the mud situation.
Julia - I should have just tiled it myself. I've done it before. It's painful but not rocket science if you just. use. the. damn. spacers. The only issue I would have had is mixing the grout - I've done that before and messed up the color really bad.
Hey! My SIL had the same hand/tingle thing too-- it was really bothersome, but went away immediately after birth!
I had some 'show' around 39w, but obviously didn't mean labor for me! I think it just means your cervix is dilating.
But it sounds like your baby is definitely getting ready and you have all the pre-labor stuff going on! I can't believe April 6th will be here before you know it!
We have very similar tile in our bathroom, though we bought an existing home. I hope you're able to get it done before Claire is here, but don't stress-- you'll get to it eventually.
Post a Comment