Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rescheduled 3D Ultrasound was Awesome!

She was front and center. This time her head was up around my navel and she didn't block her face with her arms. We got to see everything! She's really really really really cute! We got about 20 pictures and in some of them it looks like she is smiling. Another one it looks like she is praying. We both cried...this is probably really going to happen! That is still hard for me to believe. We got another CD and DVD plus the pictures. I will scan them in this week, we left them at my SIL and BIL's house last night. She still looks really skinny since I am only just over halfway through my second trimester. Next time we go I will be around 30 weeks and she'll have a lot more fat on her. I had Richard take belly pics. I look bigger in real life, even he said so. It's weird though, every time we take a picture my belly just doesn't show up that much. My butt sure does but I am not taking a picture of that!

Next week I have a doctor's appointment. I guess it is time to look into birthing classes. I just haven't wanted to jump the gun but I am 21 weeks on Tuesday so I guess it is really time. People already want lists for my showers and it still feels premature to me. I think they will be the last 2 weeks in February since my due date is early April (considering that the C-section will be 1 week to 10 days earlier than my actual due date).

Hopefully Tuesday at my doctor's appointment they'll do an ultrasound so I can get measurements. I'll update then!

3 comments:

Jill Cathey said...

So exciting - hope you post the pics soon. I think now is a good time to start planning what you will need; being afraid will always be there - I had that in the back of my mind always. And once the baby comes you will worry even more! So try to enjoy this time as much as you can, it is a trial for us worriers. Have fun picking out baby stuff, and please post all about it (musicmakermomma)

ggop said...

The good news is you needn't enrol for Lamaze since it is a planned C?
I wonder how much I will remember - the breathing etc. :D

Do take a nursing seminar if you plan to try to breastfeed. I haven't been round kids so it was quite informative for me. All my friends had lots of challenges with the feeding thing.

shiner said...

Thanks ladies! The thing is, I will probably still sign up for birthing classes in case something happens and the baby comes early. My doc delivers in a hospital that is 30-35 minutes from my house so I could go into labor and not be able to get there for the c-section. It is a slight slight remote chance, but I just want to be prepared. I am posting pics in a few minutes.