Monday, November 3, 2008

Level 2 Ultrasound

According to Duke Hospital everything looks perfect. They kept me there for 3 hours, 2 of those on the ultrasound table. They took multiple pictures and measurements of all the body parts. She is 100% healthy! That's right...he is a she. Despite what 2 doctors have now told me, we are in fact having a baby girl! We are so excited! My sister has 2 boys and Richard's brother has 2 girls. So she'll have ready-made friends/cousins. She is tracking about 1 week ahead of schedule in terms of size, so I guess that is also a good sign. They checked for soft markers of downs syndrome and other diseases and she's all clear. I included a profile pic of her with her hand to her mouth to the left...isn't she precious!?!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

yay yay yay yay! She's beautiful! I'm so happy for you that she's looking wonderful and she's a she!!! EXCITING! yay for little girls! :)

Congrats momma!

Sasha & Mark said...

SHE's adorable!! Oh wow-- I'm sure that was a big surprise, but what a wonderful one! Welcome to Team PINK!! :)

ggop said...

Yay! Good tidings on the picture, soft markers everything.

It is so much fun to dress up little girls. (Little boys too, saw some real cute argyle vests in Gymboree catalog)

I have a feeling mine is going to be a girl as well.

Julia said...

It's so neat how they can give you a sneak peak. The u/s is a great one. She looks happy.

Congrats

Robin Ann Saik said...

she is amazing - i cant believe it is a little girl - she will be beautiful in every way - call me soon - love the pirate outfit - take it easy and know that i think of you and claire (love the name) everyday

Jill said...

Oh my gosh!! That is awesome, a precious little girl! I'm so happy for you - everything is going so wonderfully now, and the picture is too cute, she's either waving hi, or trying to suck her thumb. giggle.

Reading this post has made my day - a little fashionista in the making!

Wannababy said...

Congrats again! What a surprise it might have been for you :)

Enjoy!

PVED said...

I am so happy for you:):):) Girls are lovely, delicious and wonderful:)

You so deserve this:)xoxoxo - Marna

Sasha & Mark said...

BTW-- you look adorable in your Halloween Costume!

shiner said...

You are sweet - thank you! I feel ginormous but grateful;o>