I am so thankful to have made it this far. I actually had the pleasure of feeling Claire move this morning. (No, I am not keeping her name a secret...a secret from who and why? I started planning 6 years ago...I want to shout it from the roof tops!) It was just like someone poking me from inside my belly...what a wonderful feeling.
I have my 3D ultrasound this weekend. My mom and Richard's parents are going - what support, hugh? I know I am only 19 weeks but I'm doing another one at 28 weeks, too. That'll be the one that shows more distinct facial features. I am excited about it, especially since Richard will get to see her - he's only been able to go to one u/s where she looked like a human. She'll be "on" for a full 15 minutes at least and we'll get a DVD/CD to take home!
I just got back from visiting my dad, step mom and sister in Florida. It was a great visit! My step mom is a really great person and had lots of great advice and guidance to share. She's very level-headed and intellectual. She reads about how to improve herself, her life and learn from her past constantly. My dad was very sweet, too. We have so much in common it is eerie, plus I look just like him. We've been through so much so it's great to finally feel like I can connect with him. My sis gave me back the bassinet I gave her for her first child. I've been looking forward to using it for the past 4 years...it's beautiful. It's a blonde wood Eddie Bauer rocking/music playing bassinet. I love it! She also gave me all kinds of precious baby girl clothes, a baby Bjorn, a baby book, children's books, bottle warmers and a ton of other stuff. It was really nice. This is the first time I've seen her since I've been pregnant and she is my best friend in the world - I've needed her closer. She laughed at my new appearance but was very supportive. I've changed immensely up top and my bump is catching up to them. I promise to post a belly pic next week. It's just that every time I have Richard take a picture you can't see the bump that well. I feel huge and have gained almost 13 pounds now. On my 5'4" frame that is a lot. Is that normal? I get such conflicting reports from the stuff I read on the web and I am so messed up from being the fat kid at school for so many years. Ultimately, I know my body is doing what it is supposed to do and I am so delighted!
The baby room is ready, all I have to do is clean out her closet (all my summer clothes) and organize her drawers. I've already put up my Christmas decorations (just the indoor variety) because this is the first time I have been excited about the holidays since my first miscarriage over 4 years ago...it feels good;o>
Congratulations to 2 of my friends who are newly pregnant from IVF with donor eggs! I am so very happy for you and will keep you in my prayers. I know how scary it can be early on, stay strong and keep the faith. That is really all that you can do besides taking it VERY VERY easy the first trimester.
I hurt for my friends who are facing disappointment and sorrow this month because of failed IVF cycles or adoption red tape. There are 6 that I can think of off the top of my head. It's hard enough to experience that kind of disappointment but then to have the holidays around the corner, too. I have had 4 miscarriages now (including the dead twin still inside me). Three of those happened during or near the holiday season - it's terrible. I remember trying to enjoy the time with my well-meaning family who talked about upcoming births or babies incessantly. God, I wish I could do something, I do pray for them every night but I still feel so helpless. I can't help but feel guilty for gloating about this pregnancy when I know they are in such pain.
More to come after Saturday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, shiner - baby's room organized? You are more prepared than I am and I have 5 weeks to go :D
Well, we have a small house so really tricky to make a dedicated room with family visiting right now.
I love that you hoped and prayed for your buddies who failed this month to conceive with a shoutout to the success stories. I hope I will always remember the people who are still suffering through my period of happiness as well.
Best!
Shiner, time is flying! And I love the name Claire, it's so pretty. I've been wondering how you are doing and it's nice that you've been busy seeing family. Continue to enjoy your pregnancy, and I hope to continue to follow in your footsteps!
ggop - I'd love to take credit for just being super on the ball but to be honest the only reason we are ready with the nursery is because we were going to adopt and had a home study. It's best to look like you were ready for an infant like yesterday when you have that home study = so we did. But thanks;o>
Choice2make - thanks! I love it, too. I so hope that you do, too!
Have fun at your u/s this weekend! And score on the baby stuff from your sis! I can't wait to see pics of your baby AND YOU! I'm sure you are showing now. I felt huge too (though I probably wasn't), and now I feel like I have barely changed since 22w (though I really have!).
I love Claire-- so beautiful. We're keeping the name a secret because I feel like one of our families will judge and it is a kinda weird name. They'll have to be nice when it is a done deal! :) Until then we call her Lulu :)
I will post a belly pic and the 3D ultrasound pics, too. I feel really huge. I am definitely showing to me. I haven't had any stranger comments though.
I can understand about the family judging you. Wierd is good if it's different then you won't have 5 kids in her class with the same name. Lulu...how cute!
Post a Comment