Well, thankfully I woke up feeling like if I didn't eat something I was going to puke up a lung! Yes! Still pregnant! I know how sad and ridiculous this must sound but I actually do much prefer the sickly days to the ihavenosymptomsatall days. With today being more than half over, my 8 week ultra sound appointment is only 2.5 days away. All I can do is hope they are both still there with healthy heart beats. I keep reading conflicting information on the 8 week ultra sound. Isn't this when you first hear the heart beat? Another one I keep getting conflicting info on is the Doppler. When can I hook that baby up? I've heard 12 weeks but has anyone heard earlier than that? I am so ready to feel more confident about this - but I am beginning to wonder if that will really ever happen.
I finally broke down and bought a pregnancy book. It's good but a lot of it doesn't apply to my situation. So, I ordered a couple of pregnancy after IVF books from Amazon. Hopefully those will be better - any suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
For me 8 weeks was still a visual check of vibrating heartbeat (they did a trans vaginal scan)
At 10 weeks, when I transitioned to my regular ob/gyn he used a doppler and could hear the hearbeat.
At 8 weeks we did hear the h/b through the trans vaginal scan, many Drs don't have an u/s machine that does this but ours does/did. Hopefully yours has it too.
As early as 10 weeks you can use the doppler to hear the heartbeat. The books all say 12 weeks in case you are plus size, have a backward tipped uterus or a billion other things that can get in the way.
My suggestion ask your office ahead of time about it.
If you haven't talked to your hubby about a home doppler yet you should. I got mine from www.babybeat.com and love it.
At 8w, we just saw the heartbeat. He didn't even confirm the beats per minute. By 11w, I was able to hear the baby on the doppler-- but it depends on where your babies are. SIL was telling me she has a tipped uterus and couldn't hear it at 12w.
I hadn't heard about PG after IVF books-- those sound more interesting. I checked out Girlfriend's Guide from the library, but didn't really like it. I also got What to Expect as a gift and don't read that either. The best for me has been getting emails from babycenter.com They tell you about developmental stages and what you might be feeling in pregnancy.
Anyway, glad you are feeling sick again!! :) I'm sure it will help to get that reassurance tomorrow.
ggop - I'll just prepare myself that I probably won't hear them on Friday. Seeing them will make me feel a million times better.
Ariella, I think your doc is a little advanced with the machinery. Great news on the doppler - I'll keep all the caveats in mind though in case it doesn't work. I don't have a tipped uterus that I know of. I have my recording devices for when I can hear them though;o>
Sasha,
You and I go to the same doc so it's likely I will not hear the heartbeat on Friday. I am going to ask him to confirm the beats per minute though. Last time he told me I think too much so he'll probably say something similar this time. I do think too much but he knew that going in - this is my 3rd IVF cycle so he knows me well.
Ariella,
Which doppler model did you get?
Oh Shiner, this may be TMI but when you listen for the heartbeat make sure you go after breakfast or eat light lunch - I think I was gassy and my ob/gyn asked me what I ate for lunch after hearing rumblings ;-)
No, here there is really never TMI. I appreciate it!
OMG! This is EXACTLY how I feel! If I don't eat I wanna puke, or I do! So what do I do...??? EAT EAT EAT! My favorite right now, tomato and cheese sandwiches, weird I know, but my tummy like it!
Post a Comment