Thursday, September 18, 2008

Doppler Sucks!

After finding the heart beat that one time, we can't find it again. So I decided, being the raving lunatic that I am, to go to the clinic and beg for an ultra sound today. I am scheduled for one on Monday, but I just could not wait that long...it was driving me even crazier. In my own defense though, I did just find out on Friday that one of my babies was dead, so fuck it! I had to know that the other one was okay. He is...the heart beat was "great" according to the doctor though he did not give me a number of beats per minute, not even estimated. I asked. The baby was 23.2 mm last Friday, today he is 32.7 and the ultra sound machine clocked him at 10 weeks 1 day, which is exactly where we are. He was moving around a lot, arms and legs. At one point the nurse laughed and said, "look he's waving at us." The doctor, who is not my regular doctor but was very nice, said "it (meaning the pregnancy) couldn't be any healthier, you can relax." He also gave me 5 pictures, so I do feel much better. I'm still going to my Monday appointment though! I took a belly pic (top left, I can't figure out how to put it in the post, yes I am a dork) just for the heck of it...I can see a bump, can't you? The nurses were making fun of me for buying a doppler, I told them I'd mortgage the house and buy one of those $30k ultra sound machines if Richard would let me.

8 comments:

Ariella said...

I am gald the baby is still doing well. It always made me freak if I couldn't hear the h/b with the doppler right away. I am glad you got some reassurance from the Dr.

ggop said...

That's not a bump! Bump is when your belly goes past your boobs :-)

OMG don't turn into Tom Cruise and buy one of those U/S machines.

Glad you double checked with your doctor.

Unknown said...

I'm SO glad that baby is doing good! What a relief! YAY! It must have been so exciting to see him/her move around like that! I can't wait for my appt. tomorrow! Can't wait to see your update on Monday!! :)

shiner said...

ariella, did you hear it consistently at some point? He told me to put it away for 2 more weeks.

ggop, yes it is my husband sees it, too;o> I wish I could buy the u/s machine, I wouldn't worry 1/2 as much if I had one of those.

jojobee, it is awesome the first time you see them moving their little arms and legs like that. I hope to hear about you seeing both of yours dancing around tomorrow.

Sasha & Mark said...

It almost always takes me awhile to find the HB-- the first time was like 30 min. Last night even took awhile. Just go really slow along the hairline. Also, if you move the wand like \ or / in the same spot sometimes you can hear it.

Anyway, I'm glad you got an extra ultrasound and saw the baby moving! Such a relief!

Umm... I don't see much, but I'm sure you do! I know I feel huge, but no one really sees anything. Cute dress by the way!! :)

Jill said...

I'm glad to hear the little one is right on track! I know the doppler thing can be hard to use in the beginning, I have a friend wiht one and she said you have to push way harder on your belly than you think you would otherwise you could end up hearing your own heart beat instead of the baby's. Give it a little more time and it will be easier and easier to find, and before you know it you'll even feel the baby kicking and won't even need the doppler!

DCat said...

How scary!!! Glad everything is ok though!!

I am hoping to be in your exact spot very soon! It must be a wonderful feeling!
Danielle

Robin Ann Saik said...

so excited for you and rich - you are amazing - what a beautiful little boy he will be - call me soon