Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Reflux







Well, I was right! She has reflux. Most of the time I feed for about an hour (burping her quite often), she sleeps on a wedge, I change her on the wedge, I don't put her down for 20 - 25 minutes after she eats and we use gas drops at each feeding. She spits up a lot, some times vomits and sometimes projectile vomits. Yesterday she projectile vomited to the point it looked like someone poured white paint all over her head. I took her to the doc and they diagnosed her. She is now on an antacid. Anyway, she sleeps a lot during the day and barely at all at night still but I really can't do much about it. I love her so. damn. much. I hate to think about her being in pain with this reflux. It'll take a few days for the meds to work. I've been getting about 2 hours of sleep at a time at night...sometimes only an hour. Still, I have her and I love it. Wouldn't trade it for the world;o>

10 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi Candy! Thanks for the good wishes. I hate Claire is having reflux problems but hopefully finding it early will help and make it more tolerable. Hang in there!

Riley said...

I'm sorry to hear about the reflux - hopefully the meds will straighten everything out. She is so adorable. I am so happy for you - hopefully, I'll be getting started next month. It was good hearing from you!

Unknown said...

How horrible! I hope the meds help soon! I know how you feel when something's wrong with your LO, your heart just breaks for them! G has eczema all over his face & head and there's nothing we can do about it :( Hope you get some sleep at night soon! I'm so glad you're in good spirits! :) I'll be praying for you!

Jill said...

Just getting caught up w/your blog - Claire is sooo beautiful!! And Candy you look fabulous despite the lack of sleep :) Sorry to hear, she has reflux, hopefully the meds kick in and she has a better time after eating. I'm just so happy for you and Richard.

Ariella said...

I am sorry about the reflux. I hate it too. It is AWFUL. Ask your Dr about giving her some Mylanta till the meds kick in. They can be given at different feedings and the Mylanta helps within moments. It has made a world of difference in the last few days. And they give it to premies in the NICU so I know it is safe.

ggop said...

Try cutting cow's milk and if it still does not help, cut nuts out of your diet. (Please check with your doc)

That's what my pediatrician told me she would recommend if my baby had shown symptoms.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Claire is having reflux problems, but hopefully the antacids will help with that. I think also as she gets older it usually gets better. I am so happy you have your sweet girl with you - what a blessing!

Sasha & Mark said...

I read this awhile ago, but didn't get to respond. Poor Claire! I hope she's doing better on her medicine! And poor you! 2 hours of sleep?! I hope she's sleeping a little better too! But you have a great attitude-- guess that's what being a mom is!

Claire is so cute!! Petra has the same blue/brown outfit-- Mark always dresses her in that because he doesn't want to see her in pink all the time! ;)

Sandra said...

Hi Candy. Thanks for your post and the encouragement. I went back and read your posts around the time you were talking about and it was like you could have been writing about me. I feel so much better after reading them. I'm sorry about your twin.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing your story! You've really helped.

Sandra said...

Would you be willing to email with me? I want to ask you about something I found out about at my ultrasound today. sandra-gardner@cox.net
Thanks!