Monday, April 20, 2009

Long Overdue Update
















Claire is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I know that sounds cheesy and cliche but it is the honest to God's truth! I love her with all of my heart and certainly more than I ever thought I could. I miss her when I haven't seen her for even a few minutes...that is scary! I am still breast feeding and doing pretty well there. I let Richard give her a bottle when she was just over 3 weeks and she came back to me right away. She was a little upset and unsure so I consoled her with a little breast feeding and some love. She's growing quickly. When she was born she was about 6.2. At the hospital she lost weight and got down to 5.11 and now she's over 7 - probably more like 7.5. She is feeding about every 2.5 hours (start to start) and does not sleep for long periods of time at night (only about 3 hours tops). During the day she likes to sleep but I am trying to get her turned around slowly. She goes through cluster feedings a lot and will sometimes want 20 minutes worth of breast feeding every 30 minutes for about 5 hours - it's crazy! Nice that my boobies seem to work rather well even if my ovaries do not;o>










My dad and sister came this week and my sis really bonded with her quickly! It was so sweet. We had a good time despite my sleep deprivation. We took long walks in the neighborhood every day with Claire in her stroller (I love it!) and I really do feel like I am living someone else's life. There is no more "count down to retrieval, transfer, 2ww, 1st trimester, 2nd trimester, birth". I am finally living and enjoying every second of my current, present life. It is truly unreal.










Much love to those of you who are still trying - please know that you are in my prayers and I want this for you so badly it hurts!










10 comments:

Riley said...

So good to hear from you. Claire is adorable. It looks like you had a great visit with your family. I am so happy for you. It sounds like life is wonderful! You deserve it.

Ariella said...

I am so glad you posted an update. I am thrilled for you that you are enjoying motherhood. Clare is a cutie pie! Keep enjoying every minute because it flies by so fast.

Sandra said...

Hi Candy! Your description is truly heavenly - absolute bliss! I can't express in words how very happy I am for you. Finally, someone's dream comes true! Enjoy for me!
Claire is incredibly beautiful.
Thanks for the words of encouragement (as a member of the "still trying" club).

Anonymous said...

So glad you are all happy and well. Claire looks great and everyone in the pics looks so proud. Hope you get some sleep in the little pockets of time you can!

Julia said...

What a good baby. It sounds like you two have bonded wonderfully.

Continue enjoying the "life" you worked so hard for and deserve.

Lisa said...

She is so beautiful!!! Thanks for updating!!

Jen said...

Aww, nice to see a great update like this one! Girl you look good for just having had a baby! You put me to shame!
Enjoy her, spend every minute you can with her!

Sasha & Mark said...

We've been away, but I'm glad to see the update. She is beautiful and you look great! Sounds like she is doing wonderfully. Good job mama!

ggop said...

Can I saw you look amazing post baby!
How do you do it?! I think you are radiant with happiness.

ggop said...

And bless your sense of humor (cracking up about the boobies vs ovaries remark!)

Claire is gorgeous..