Wednesday, June 3, 2009

So Much I Don't Know Where to Start




I guess I'll start at her 2 month checkup. She's "thriving" and "perfect" according to the doctor. She's 11 pounds and 23 3/4 inches long. Screamed her head off when they gave her the shots and woke up later with inflamed injection sites screaming. That was horrible. I gave her Tylenol and it did seem to help but next time I'll be giving it to her an hour before the visit.
Collic Update:
Still pretty bad. I am really the only one who can soothe her still. Tried the black stuff "collic calm" and she did really well at first. It helped her sleep and seemed to make her more comfortable....but....big big but....it really constipated her. Also the charcoal in her makes it very thick and she was crying once when we gave it to her - asperated it and stopped breathing for a minute. It was horrible. We will probably never give it to her again because of that.

Reflux Update:
Was doing really well. People I am not going to mention refused to believe she had reflux because she is thriving and gaining weight so quickly. So, we took her of the Prevacid on Thursday of last week. By Sunday she was projectile vomiting. Richard left town Monday and I've been picking up the pieces since. She is sooooooooo uncomfortable and it is awful to watch. So, I put her back on the Prevacid and threatened to pull rank, go postal and kick ass if anyone intervenes with her meds again (outside of her doctor). She was sleeping 4 - 6 hours at night now only 30 minutes to an hour because of the pain. She wakes up arching her back and screaming.
Other than that she is absolutely beautiful, smiles all the time now and loves her video that's supposed to teach her to read. I love her and thank God for her every day. It is so fun to snuggle with her and feed her. Speaking of feeding, I do believe that if I let her she would feed 24/7. Little chunky monkey! She really responds well to Richard now too. He was out of town and came back after a week, as soon as he got in the car and said hello to her she started smiling and laughing. It was adorable! More to come...gotta go she's up!

7 comments:

Riley said...

I've missed you, but certainly understand your absence. She is so beautiful. I am so, so sorry she is having such a hard time. I cannot imagine what it's been like for you to see your sweet little girl so uncomfortable and in pain. I know it must be killing you. I hope things improve soon. So glad to hear that there are some good parts too - the smiling and cuddling and feeding - all good! Hang in there, girl. Thinking of you!

Julia said...

You diffently have your hands full. I do hope things get easier for the both of you

She is beautiful and your a wonderful mother.

Anonymous said...

What a little darling! Sorry she is having so much trouble with the reflux - you should do whatever works for you and don't listen to anyone else. They aren't living with you! I am sure her little insides are developing more every day and soon they will be able to digest better. Good luck getting a little sleep!

ggop said...

Awww poor baby, colic, constipation, reflux and shots?!! WTH must be her reaction :-)
I'm glad she is thriving in spite of all these challenges.

I cracked up about your feeding all day comment - growth spurt perhaps?
Maybe its a calming thing..human paci is the best eh? ;-)

Sasha & Mark said...

First, the pictures are ADORABLE!! You guys have been through a lot, but I'm glad to see you still have plenty of joy to write about too. I hope she outgrows the colic soon. P didn't have it, but she was a very fussy baby-- and it seems to be getting better and better.

I used to think DD could feed all day too-- she never turned it down, until recently. I think once Claire's vision improves and she starts really getting into toys and the world around her, she won't need it *as* much. (that said, I just fed her in bed with me this a.m. for ~3 hrs off/on!)

Hang in there! You're doing great, mama!

Jill said...

Hi Candy - Claire is beautiful! Sorry she is having issues, I hope they resolve themselves soon :) Give your sweet precious girl a big hug and kiss and tell her to feel better soon.

Unknown said...

She's beautiful! It's wonderful being a mommy, isn't it?!?!?! Sorry to hear about the constant reflux, just keep her on the meds and hopefully that'll help you all. I also hope her colic gets better soon! That's tough on you too, but at least you're in great spirits! That's the main thing!